Red Faction: Guerrilla seems to suggest that this mercenary organization is called the Masako, as it's the name shown on Jed Bartosz's Radio Tag. Masako is also what the organization is known as in the Saints Row series. -- Master Sima Yi 16:04, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
It would suggest, but Masako certainly hadn't been a member since Saints Row. Not according to her Red Faction story, and the time scale doesn't seem logical. I would assume thus that it was a kind of family enterprise, set up by a predecessor. MeinCookie - Talk Page (ADMIN) 23:17, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
- The person leading it in the Saints Row series is named Dexter Jackson, and was employed by Ultor as Head of Security, thus the Masako were already working for Ultor back then (though they were fired when Jackson betrayed the Ultor CEO). Nonetheless, the organization is still called Masako in the Red Faction series as proven by Bartosz's tag, so I propose a move. Masako herself may just have adopted the name; it may not be her real name, but that's speculative. -- Master Sima Yi 00:03, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Or Jackson may not be the founder. An ancestor of Masako maybe.
- Something to note, Masako's mercs are pretty much Ultor's private army. They are very much a military force. They are described as a "battalion". Redeployed around the solar system to enforce Ultor's will. It strikes me, that if they are the same organisation, then it has evolved quite a lot in that time. Do you know if it reappeared in SR 3? Though yeah, I know its in different city.
- I would like more info before considering incorporating that, but since that is unlikely you may as well go ahead. MeinCookie - Talk Page (ADMIN) 05:49, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, Jackson was black, and I'm pretty sure Masako was entirely white, so... And well yeah, I'm pretty sure they are the same organization. If both Ultor Corporations are the same, I see no reason why these Masako teams aren't. They did not appear in Saints Row: The Third, no. At the end of the last DLC pack for Saints Row 2, Jackson fled to another city and was not featured in The Third at all. Perhaps in the upcoming Saints Row 4. -- Master Sima Yi 09:50, January 4, 2012 (UTC)