The Reconstructor is a weapon available in Red Faction: Guerrilla. It is primarily used in the Damage Control and Siege gamemodes in multiplayer, but is also available in singleplayer on the Steam edition and Re-Mars-Tered after completing the game, or in a new game on the PC version of the Re-Mars-Tered edition after importing a previously completed save game.
The weapon does not deal damage in any way other than its secondary melee attack. Instead, it can be used to repair damaged or destroyed structures by reassembling them. The Reconstructor has infinite ammo, but can 'overheat', similar to stationary turrets such as the Heavy Machine Gun Turret.
The Reconstructor has several limitations:
- It cannot repair most glass, such as windows and solar panels. It can, however, repair the frosted glass found on buildings in the Eos sector.
- It cannot repair explosive structures, such as hydrogen tanks or certain generators.
- There must still be some part of the structure left for the Reconstructor to build from, such as flooring.
- It cannot repair from loose items such as building debris.
- Until January 2015, it could only be used on singleplayer with mods.
- A Reconstructor added by mods has no textures.
- It is similar in function to the Nano Forge from Red Faction: Armageddon.
|Weapons in Red Faction: Guerrilla|
|Guerrilla||Arc Welder • Grinder • Nano Rifle • Proximity Mine • Remote Mining Charge • Rocket Launcher • Sledgehammer • Thermobaric Rocket Launcher • Reconstructor|
|Earth Defense Force||Assault Rifle • Gauss Rifle • Peacekeeper • Pistol • Rail Driver • Singularity Bomb • Sniper Rifle • Subverter • Enforcer • Riot Shield|
|Marauder||Gutter • Shotgun • Spiker • Missile Pod • Impaler • Skulldigger|
|Stationary weaponry||Gauss Turret • Heavy Machine Gun Turret • Harpoon Turret • Rocket Turret|